IS KELLER MEDIA THE RIGHT AGENCY FOR YOU?
The #1 reason most authors get rejected is simply because the author pitched a book in a genre that agency does not represent.
We ONLY represent nonfiction books intended for adults.
We WELCOME book ideas in these subject areas:
- BUSINESS (sales, management, marketing, leadership, entrepreneurship, career building or finance)
- SELF-HELP AND PSYCHOLOGY (parenting, relationships, diet, feel better, improve your memory, grief recovery, effective studying, get happier, stop worrying, overcome abuse, etc.)
- HISTORY (all countries, epochs, events and civilizations)
- SCIENCE & NATURE (NOT including memoirs by or about your pet)
- POPULAR CULTURE AND CURRENT AFFAIRS (selectively)
- HEALTH (NOT personal stories of illness, recovery or care giving)
- POLITICS (your impeccable high-level credentials are mandatory)
- INSPIRATIONAL AND SPIRITUALITY (highly selectively)
- HOW-TO (most subjects welcome)
Please DO NOT send hard copy manuscripts or your self-published book without an invitation to do so! We recycle them unread.
We do NOT represent:
- Fiction of any kind
- Poetry (at all, never, no thanks!)
- Juvenile (no books intended for children or young adults)
- Your life story, memoir, autobiography or fictionalized autobiography
- True crime or any books written by incarcerated people
- Books focused on Christian, Jewish or Muslim readers
- Personal stories about your spiritual journey (unless you have +50,000 verifiable, active followers)
- Personal stories about how you survived any kind of abuse, addiction, mental or physical illness or what it was like to care for someone who did – unless you have an MD, a PhD and/or an active therapy practice
- Gritty books about war, violence (especially against women), or extreme human cruelty. No hate-mongering
If you send us any of the above, you won’t hear back from us. We’re not rude. You’re just not paying attention, which is decidedly unprofessional of you.
What is a Book Proposal?
Nonfiction books are sold via a document called a “book proposal”. The book proposal is a sales document that convinces the agent and then the publishing house that your book will be a profitable investment. If you don’t have a proposal written, just click here.
Not ready to show us your book?
Wish you had someone you can trust to talk to about how to make yourself more delectable to agents and publishers? Click here to schedule a time to talk to Wendy directly.
READY TO SUCCEED?
Send your book idea to our passionate team