Book Proposal Workshop
The Fastest, Easiest Way to Get Your Book Idea Ready to Sell to Publishers
Get your NONFICTION BOOK PROPOSAL finished and fabulous in just 8 weeks – with encouragement, insight & expert editorial direction…and a dash of fun.”
“A nonfiction book proposal is to publishers what a business plan is to venture capitalists – you’re asking a complete stranger to invest their money in your dream”
The only way to convince a publisher to invest in publishing your book is by presenting them with a well-written book proposal – one that shows off your idea in its best light, highlights what you might be able to do to help sell copies, and why you are the best person to write on this topic. This workshop will tell you how to do that, give you the editorial support you need to do it right, and give you the Whys.
NEXT SESSION STARTS SEPTEMBER 7, 2023
When you understand what literary agents and publishers are thinking when they read your proposal, you will have that priceless “insider advantage”
Here’s what you will discover:
The best way to pitch your book
How to know if your idea will sell – in advance
Why the first page of your proposal is critical – and how to write it
Secrets of proposals that sell well
Inner workings of publishers – and the best way to game the system in your favor
How to fluff up your credentials and your marketing abilities – ethically and honestly
Full developmental editor support
Clear, competent professional guidance from industry insiders
Lots of patience, encouragement and kindness
Next course starts soon! We have a limited number of editors, so we can only accept a limited number of future authors.
THESE ARE THE BENEFITS OF FINDING A GREAT PUBLISHER:
- Get the prestige and exposure that only a traditional publisher can provide
- Put cash in your pocket on Day One – don’t pay to self-publish
- Access to distribution and promotional opportunities that just don’t exist for self-published books
- Expert editorial guidance to help you craft the best book possible
- An entire publishing company full of people dedicated to your success
NEXT SESSION STARTS AUGUST 2023 – LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE
Make this your year to Finally Sell Your Book to a Publisher
Just $795 – Includes expert guidance from a top literary agent and full editorial support from a well-qualified team
WITH OUR BOOK PROPOSAL WORKSHOP, YOU WILL FINALLY
GET YOUR PROPOSAL DONE!
Get Ready to Present
Your Book to Agents
There’s no other simple, proven online course that will give you clear guidelines PLUS extensive, personalized editorial feedback for such a low investment.
how it works
- You will be carefully guided through what to do and how to do it right, but even more importantly, literary agent Wendy Keller will explain the whys. Gain insight into the inner workings of the publishing industry and how editors really think about the books they are offered. (Hint: it will surprise you!) The class is given as in six (6) live, interactive Zoom questions over eight (8) weeks. You will finish your proposal in eight weeks!
- You can join us live and ask questions in real time and/or you can watch the replay any time.
- Each live class will give you a new writing assignment and a deadline
- You can watch the replay and download supplements to help you perfectly craft each section of your book proposal.
- Simply upload your completed assignment in the portal so that one of our industry-experienced editors can edit it and send it back to you promptly.
- Ask questions any time! We will give you the support, guidance and direction you need to create your very best book proposal in just eight dedicated weeks.
TWO IMPORTANT CAVEATS
1. Your enrollment in this course does not imply that Keller Media will represent you or this book. Please be clear about that…even though finding new talent is the main reason Wendy teaches this course.
2. We will not change your idea. We will give feedback in the form of “developmental editing”. That means we will tell you the thoughts and questions that are likely to occur to any experienced publishing professional when they are reading your material, and invite you to consider making changes. We are not here to tell you if your core concept is “good” or “bad”, only to help you bring it to light in the best possible way.
DECIDING BETWEEN SELF-PUBLISHING AND TRADITIONAL PUBLISHING?
Writing any book requires a thorough outline, a solid analysis of how your book will be better than the competition, and a plan for promoting your book once it is published. Those three elements already represent 3/5ths of a book proposal. Why not turn those elements into a great proposal? Then you can let your literary agent shop it for you while you write the manuscript. That will give you the choice of all possible options.